Your site has some commonly used modules already preconfigured. These include:
- Image (type: Custom), which holds the image beneath the menu. This is a Custom module that you can edit to change the image.
- Popular Tags (type: Tags - Popular), which will appear if you use tagging on your articles. Enter a tag in the Tags field when editing.
- Older Posts (type: Articles - Category), which lists out articles by categories.
- Syndication (type: Syndication Feeds), which allows your readers to read your posts in a news reader.
- Login Form (type: Login), which allows your users to access restricted areas of the website.
Each of these modules has many options which you can experiment with in the Module Manager in your site Administrator. When you are logged in you can also select the edit icon in the top right corner which will take you to an edit screen for that module. Always be sure to save and close any module you edit.
Joomla! also includes many other modules you can incorporate in your site. As you develop your site you may want to add more modules that you can find at the Joomla Extensions Directory.
About your home page
Your home page is set to display the four most recent articles from the blog category in a column. Then there are links to the next two oldest articles. You can change those numbers by editing the content options settings in the blog tab in your site administrator. There is a link to your site administrator if you are logged in.
If you want to have your blog post broken into two parts, an introduction and then a full length separate page, use the Read More span to insert a break.
Welcome to your blog
This is a sample blog posting.
If you log in to the site (the Administrator Login link is on the very bottom of this page) you will be able to edit it and all of the other existing articles. You will also be able to create a new article and make other changes to the site.
As you add and modify articles you will see how your site changes and also how you can customise it in various ways.
Go ahead, you can't break it.